12 Jun How2Recycle®
Polytainers embraces the plastics circular economy and that we should be doing everything we can to increase the amount of recycling done by consumers. To help the consumer understand what and how to recycle product, we encourage you (our customers) to participate in the How2Recycle® initiative. It’s a great way to encourage consumer recycling and assists in making sure that the right material is being placed in their recycling bins.
It also helps keep the wrong material out of the recycling bins. We want to make it easy for you. Below we highlight goals, benefits and examples of the How2Recycle® initiative. We can even assist in completing the necessary forms required to register SKUs. If you have questions, please refer to www.how2recycle.info or contact your Polytainers’ account manager to learn more about our Made2Recycle™ product line.
Together we can be
part of the
What is it?
How2Recycle® is a standardized labeling system that clearly communicates recycling instructions to the public. It involves a coalition of forward thinking brands who want their packaging to be recycled and are empowering consumers through smart packaging labels. How2Recycle® has signed up over 230 partners and the list continues to grow. For a full list please reference www.how2recycle.info.
• Reduce confusion by creating a clear, well-understood, and nationally harmonized label that enables companies to convey to consumers how to recycle a specific package.
• Improve the reliability, completeness, and transparency of recyclability claims.
• Provide a labeling system that follows Federal Trade Commission Green Guides.
• Increase the availability and quality of recycled material.
Examples of How2Recycle® Labels
• How2Recycle® members can track, measure and improve the recyclability of their packaging portfolio.
• Members receive packaging recyclability insights about their product packaging, and in turn, get specific recommendations for packaging design changes, so companies can effectively meet their recyclability goals.
• Consumers think highly of brands using the How2Recycle® label.
• Promotes consumer responsibility on recycling.
• Contributes to improving and increasing clean streams of recycled materials.
• Motivates and inspires change for good inside corporate culture.